Tieline’s Bridge-IT is the ultimate affordable, high-performance, stereo IP audio codec solution for broadcast and professional applications. Designed to deliver point-to-point or multi-point connections, Bridge-IT transports audio streams reliably, simply and effectively over a range of managed and unmanaged wired and wireless* IP data networks, such as LANs, WANs and the internet
Bridge-IT for inexpensive IP audio solutions…
Expand your IP network at a fraction of the cost of competing IP codecs, without compromising on quality or broadcast quality features. Multi-unicast in stereo to up to 6 different end-points from a single codec and reduce capital expenditure across your broadcast network.
Bridge-IT is perfect for:
- Studio-to-Transmitter Link (STL) applications
- Studio-to-Studio Link (SSL) applications
- Point-to-Point IP audio distribution
- Multi-point IP audio distribution
- Simple mono and stereo remote broadcast links
- Cable Head End IP Audio Distribution
- Low-latency audio over IP bridging solutions
- Multiple codec installations (2 codecs fit in 1 x 19” rack unit)
SmartStream PLUS: Rock Solid Audio using Inexpensive IP Links
As an IP audio pioneer, Tieline was the first major codec manufacturer to integrate SmartStream features such as Automated Jitter Buffer management, Forward Error Correction (FEC) and error concealment techniques in all IP codecs. These features dynamically respond to variable conditions over unmanaged IP networks like the public internet to ensure reliable streaming.
Now SmartStream PLUS has revolutionised IP broadcasting by delivering the rock solid and reliable STL-grade audio quality using inexpensive unmanaged IP networks like the internet for remotes and nailed up links. Some other manufacturer’s charge thousands of dollars for IP managment software as if it’s an optional extra. Tieline believes high performance and rock-solid reliability is an essential part of each and every broadcast and delivers its renowned SmartStream IP management software for free.
Flexibility and Compatibility…
Bridge-IT is IPv4/v6 and EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326 compatible over IP and will connect to any SIP-enabled IP codec brand with industry standard algorithms, as well as VoIP devices supporting G.711 and G.722. Bridge-IT is also internet/satellite streaming and HD and digital radio compatible.
It is designed for desktop use or two units can be installed side-by-side in a purpose-built 1RU mounting bracket.
Compare Bridge-IT’s superior programming functionality and simple user interface with other inexpensive codecs. Don’t forget that Bridge-IT includes:
- Front panel navigation, LCD display, PPM metering and dialing key pad.
- The comprehensive HTML5 Toolbox web-browser GUI control interface.
- Broadcast XLR connectors, simultaneous analog and digital audio in/outs, plus a huge range of algorithms – including Opus as standard.
- IPv4/v6 and EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326 compatibility over IP and will connect to any SIP-enabled IP codec brand.
- Reliable automated SD card backup (since 2009), unlike some other competing products!
Bridge-IT comes with a huge range of features. aptX® Enhanced audio coding is also available as an additional option.
|Point-to-point mono and stereo IP audio||x|
|SmartStream PLUS dual redundant IP streaming||x|
|High quality, low-delay linear audio plus Opus, AAC-LD, AAC-ELD, LC-AAC, HE-AAC v.1, HE-AAC v.2, plus low-delay Tieline Music and MusicPLUS, G.711, G.722 and MPEG Layer 2 algorithms.||x|
|Simultaneous analog and digital XLR AES/EBU outputs||x|
|Automatic SD/SDHC card connection failover||x|
|Toolbox Web-GUI for remote control and configuration||x|
|EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326 compatibility over IP and will connect to any SIP-enabled IP codec||x|
|2 relay inputs and 2 opto-isolated outputs plus RS-232 for local and remote control of equipment||x|
|Multicast, or Multi-unicast up to 6 stereo connections, one with bidirectional audio||x|
|16 bit and 24 bit aptX® Enhanced algorithm||x|
Broadcast Quality Connectors
Unlike most affordable IP audio codecs, Bridge-IT has all the broadcast connectors you would expect on a full-featured codec. Simultaneous analog and digital AES/EBU audio outputs are provided on XLR connectors and it includes a ¼” (6.35mm) stereo headphone output.
Huge choice of standard algorithms…
Bridge-IT comes standard with 16 Bit 22kHz uncompressed linear audio, as well as Opus, MPEG Layer 2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELD, LC-AAC, HE-AAC v.1 and HE-AAC v.2, G.711, G.722 and Tieline Music and MusicPLUS. Music PLUS delivers 22 kHz mono and stereo with 20ms encode delay at under100 Kbps, offering huge savings on your IP data bills and outstanding audio quality. HE-AAC v.2 is capable of delivering high fidelity stereo IP audio at bit-rates as low as 24Kbps. Optional aptX Enhanced encoding is also available for extremely low delay connections.
Automatic SD Card Backup…
In case your IP link fails Bridge-IT also has an SD/SDHC card slot which can be pre-loaded with MP3 or linear backup audio for playback. Bridge-IT’s onboard relay control ports can also be programmed to notify you of a failure via any third party relay-enabled hardware.
* Requires 3rd party hardware to connect to wireless network.
- Robust DSP-based architecture designed for mission critical audio.
- Analog and Digital (AES3) inputs and outputs.
- Bidirectional Mono or Stereo.
- Multi-unicast to up to 6 endpoints.
- Multicast to unlimited endpoints over compatible networks.
- Uncompressed PCM audio plus other popular algorithms as standard, including LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1 and v2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELDv1 and v2, Opus, MPEG II, MPEG Layer-3, Tieline Music and MusicPLUS, G.722 and G.711.
- Low-delay, cascade resiliant aptX® Enhanced* algorithm (additional purchase).
- Ethernet LAN port.
- Broadcast quality analog XLR inputs/outputs.
- XLR digital AES/EBU input/output.
- Simultaneous analog and digital AES/EBU audio outputs.
- SmartStream PLUS dual redundant IP streaming
- Automated failover to backup audio on SD card.
- Receive calls from codecs using Fuse-IP bonding.
- SIP (SDP) compatible with EBU N/ACIP 3326 for interoperability with other codec manufacturers.
- Configure up to 6 SIP accounts and connect up to 2 SIP interfaces.
- Selectable fixed or automatic jitter buffer: 5 automated settings available to manage network connectivity and avoid dropouts (includes configurable min and max buffer settings).
- Configurable Forward Error Correction (FEC).
- Highly advanced error concealment strategies.
- Real-time IP connection packet statistics.
- Support for Line Hunt dialing/answering and caller IDs using Tieline IP.
- ¼” (6.35mm) stereo headphone output.
- 2 relay inputs and 2 opto-isolated outputs plus RS-232 for local and remote control of equipment at either end of your codec link.
- USB slave connection for codec configuration.
- Full hardware front panel interface including navigation, LCD display, PPM metering and dialing key pad.
- User-friendly HTML5 Toolbox Web-GUI enables codec configuration and control remotely over WANs.
- IPv4 & IPv6 compatible and ready.
- Low latency in-band RS-232 aux data channel.
- Configurable software rules engine via web-GUI for Control Port functions, plus WheatNet-IP LIO compatibility.
- Upgrade firmware from an SD card.
- Backup and restore configuration via SD card.
- Automated firmware upgrade notifications via Web-GUI.
- Support for multiple languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese and French.
- Backward compatible with all Tieline IP codecs.
- User name and password protection of codec and Toolbox Web-GUI.
- Support for SSL Security Certificate installation.
- SIP Whitelists and Blacklists allow filtering of SIP URIs and User Agents.
Contact Tieline or your favorite dealer for a quote on software feature upgrades.
|Analog Audio Inputs||2 x Female XLR (Channel 1 mic/line; channel 2 line only)|
|Analog Audio Outputs||2 x Male XLR|
|AES3 In||1 x female XLR (Channel 1 in; shared with Ch1 analog input)|
|AES3 Out||1 x male XLR|
|Headphones||1 x 6.35mm (1/4″) Jack on rear panel|
|Control Ports In/Out||Two relay inputs and two opto-isolated outputs for machine control via Phoenix connector|
|Audio Input Impedance||High Impedance > 5K ohm|
|Output Impedance||<50 ohm Balanced|
|Clipping Level||+22dBu (input and outputs)|
|24 bit A/D & D/A Converters|
|Frequency Response||20Hz to 20kHz|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||<0.0039% at +16dBu, or -88dBu unweighted|
|Signal To Noise Ratio||>90dB at +22dBu, unweighted|
|IP Sample Frequencies||16kHz, 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz|
|IP||Opus, Tieline Music, Tieline MusicPLUS, G.711, G.722, MPEG Layer 2|
|IP (Pro version only)||AAC-LD, AAC-ELD, AAC-LC, AAC-HE, AAC-HEv2|
|IP (Pro version only)||16/24 bit Enhanced apt-X|
|IP (uncompressed)||Linear PCM16|
|Data and Control Interfaces|
|USB||USB 2.0 (Type B) host port on the rear panel|
|LAN||10/100 base T RJ45 connector|
|Serial||RS232 up to 115kbps with or without CTS/RTS flow control via female DB9 connector, can be used as a proprietary data channel|
|Front Panel Interfaces|
|Display||128 x 64 monochrome LCD|
|SD/SDHC Card Slot||Supports SDHC Flash Cards|
|Keypad||20 button keypad|
|Navigation||5 button keypad|
|Dimensions||8.5” x 5.9” x 1.75” (216mm x 150mm x 44mm)|
|Power Consumption||12V DC, 400mA|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Humidity Operating Range||20% ≤RH ≤70% (0 to 35°C), non-condensing|
|Internal Battery||Panasonic CR2032, 3V coin type 20mm|