Tieline’s award winning Genie Distribution is the most feature-packed audio distribution codec with multiple levels of power, audio and network redundancy
The Genie Distribution with WheatNet-IP codec has a purpose-built rear panel designed to distribute 3 stereo or 6 mono channels of WheatNet-IP audio via a WheatNet LAN port.
Genie Distribution with WheatNet-IP is designed to interface with the WheatNet-IP Environment and distribute up to 3 stereo or 6 mono audio channels between WheatNet-IP studios over external IP networks like the internet.
Integration of WheatNet-IP with Tieline IP Codecs
WheatNet-IP Networking Applications
|Tieline WheatNet-IP Card|
This version of the Genie Distribution codec includes a purpose-built Tieline WheatNet audio card, which also provides compatibility with the AES67 standard for AoIP interoperability.
The rear panel provides a WheatNet LAN interface for connecting the codec directly to a WheatNet-IP network. After connecting to the WheatNet-IP Environment, the codec can deliver superior quality IP audio over LANs, WANs, the internet, satellite IP, 3G, 4G, Wi-MAX and Wi-Fi.
Genie Distribution with WheatNet-IP is ideal for:
- 3 x bidirectional stereo connections, or
- 2 x stereo and 2 x mono bidirectional connections, or
- 1 x stereo and 4 x mono bidirectional connections, or
- 6 x mono bidirectional connections.
- Streaming multiple algorithms simultaneously at different sample rates and bit-rates over a range of network transports.
Genie Distribution with WheatNet-IP is also capable of:
- Distributing up to 6 channels of bidirectional mono audio between two codecs.
- One, two, three or six simultaneous multi-unicasts to a maximum of 60 endpoints in total.
|3 Simultaneous Multi-unicasts|
- Up to 6 simultaneous mono/stereo multicasts over compatible IP networks to unlimited endpoints.
|3 Simultaneous Multicasts|
IP Network Management
1. Use Tieline’s HTML5 Toolbox web-browser Graphical User Interface to connect to your codec and configure individual codec settings over a LAN, WAN or the internet.
2. When your codec is connected to the WheatNet-IP Environment, routing of WheatNet-IP sources and destinations can be performed using Wheatstone’s Navigator software.
Genie Distribution with WheatNet-IP is capable of 24bit 96kHz low latency linear PCM audio, delivering unsurpassed sonic clarity. The codec also features a full complement of professional algorithms including the low delay and cascade-resilient E-apt-X algorithm, as well as the popular LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1 and v2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELDv1 and v2, Opus, MPEG Layer II, Tieline Music and MusicPLUS, G.722 and G.711 algorithms. Genie Distribution with WheatNet-IP supports up to 6 simultaneous streams of Opus encoding.
SmartStream: Rock Solid Audio using Inexpensive IP Links
As an IP audio pioneer, Tieline was the first major codec manufacturer to integrate SmartStream features such as Automated Jitter Buffer management, Forward Error Correction (FEC) and error concealment techniques in all IP codecs. These features dynamically respond to variable conditions over unmanaged IP networks like the public internet to ensure reliable streaming.
Now SmartStream PLUS has revolutionised IP broadcasting by delivering the rock solid and reliable STL-grade audio quality you would expect over a T1/E1 link by using inexpensive unmanaged IP networks like the internet for STLs, audio distribution and remotes.
Save Money Now with SmartStream PLUS Redundant Streaming
Some other manufacturers charge thousands of dollars for IP management software like SmartStream PLUS as if it’s an optional extra. However Tieline believes high performance and STL-grade rock-solid reliability is an essential part of each and every broadcast, and delivers its renowned SmartStream PLUS as standard in Tieline Genie Distribution.
Tieline can show you how an investment in new codecs will pay for itself in just a few months by using SmartStream PLUS over inexpensive IP links to transport STL-grade, high fidelity audio at a fraction of the cost of synchronous leased lines. With SmartStream PLUS:
- Stream simultaneous redundant data streams and deliver seamless redundancy by switching back and forth, without loss of audio, from the nominated primary data link to the backup link if one fails and then subsequently recovers. Note: Use IP links from two different IP network providers for optimal redundancy over mission critical STL connections.
- When multiple redundant audio streams are sent, the decoding codec automatically reconstructs audio into a perfect single stream on a first packet arrived basis to ensure audio integrity.
Multiple Backup Options
Genie Distribution features dual Gigabit Ethernet ports (10/100/1000), dual redundant power supplies, audio silence detection and IP network backup solutions to ensure you’re always on the air.
An automated network failure detection feature provides switching to a backup IP LAN connection. You can also fail over to backup ISDN or POTS connections as required using optional ISDN or POTS modules. In addition, automatic silence detection can fail over to backup MP2 or MP3 audio files on a thumb-drive drive attached to the codec’s USB Host port.
Flexibility and Interoperability
|Tieline G5 ISDN module|
Tieline Genie Distribution WheatNet-IP codecs deliver flexibility by allowing you to connect over ISDN, POTS or IP networks as required. Simply purchase optional ISDN G5 or POTS G5 modules, insert them in the codec and you are ready to connect over ISDN, POTS or IP on demand. Click here to learn more about Tieline ISDN options.
Genie supports both IPv4 and IPv6 (Dual Stack) protocols, so broadcasters can be assured that they have made a smart investment for the future as new networks and technologies emerge over time. Connect over IP with any SIP-enabled IP codec brand that supports the EBU N/ACIP tech 3326 standard, as well as VoIP telephone devices supporting G.711 and G.722.
- Robust DSP-based architecture designed for mission critical STL audio.
- 24 Bit 96kHz audio sampling (32kHz audio quality).
- WheatNet-IP LAN port and Sync/Stream LEDs.
- Up to three stereo or 6 mono WheatNet audio channels in/out.
- Bidirectional Mono, Stereo or dual mono connections.
- Distributing up to 6 bidirectional channels between two codecs.
- 3 x bidirectional stereo connections.
- 2 x stereo and 2 x mono bidirectional connections.
- 1 x stereo and 4 x mono bidirectional connections.
- 6 x mono bidirectional connections.
- Simultaneously distributing one, two, three or six separate IP multi-unicast audio streams to a maximum of 60 endpoints in total.
- Broadcasting up to 6 separate IP audio streams in multicast server mode and distributing each of these streams to unlimited endpoints over compatible IP networks.
- Uncompressed PCM audio plus the low-delay, cascade resiliant aptX® Enhanced algorithm.
- Other popular algorithms including LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1 and v2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELDv1 and v2, Opus, MPEG II, MPEG Layer-3, Tieline Music and MusicPLUS, G.722 and G.711.
- Dual 1 Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet ports support automatic switching for redundancy.
- Connect over Wi-Fi using USB Wi-Fi dongles.
- Primary and backup audio over IP, ISDN* and POTS*.
- Automated failover to backup connections.
- Support for up to 4 output audio source fail over options.
- SmartStream PLUS dual redundant IP streaming:
- Fuse-IP network bonding (data aggregation) of Ethernet ports or Ethernet and Wi-Fi.
- SIP (SDP) compatible with EBU N/ACIP 3326 for interoperability with other codec manufacturers.
- Deterministic SIP answering and call routing: Configure up to 6 SIP accounts and connect up to 2 SIP interfaces.
- Compatibility over ISDN with Worldcast, Prodys, Mayah, CDQ Prima, AETA, AEQ, Orban and more.
- Compatibility over ISDN using aptX Enhanced encoding with Worldcast, Prodys Prontonet and Mayah.
- Selectable fixed or automatic jitter buffer: 5 automated settings available to manage network connectivity and avoid dropouts (includes configurable min and max buffer settings).
- Configurable Forward Error Correction (FEC).
- Highly advanced error concealment strategies.
- Real-time IP connection packet statistics.
- Real-time POTS line quality and IP link quality displayed.
- Support for Line Hunt dialing/answering and caller IDs using Tieline IP.
- Full hardware front panel interface including navigation, LCD display, PPM meters and dialing key pad.
- User-friendly HTML5 Toolbox Web-GUI enables codec configuration and control remotely over WANs.
- Interfaces with Wheatstone Navigator software for source/destination configuration
- Interfaces with Wheatstone Razor software for WheatNet-IP card configuration
- Toolbox Scheduler supports loading/unloading, connecting and disconnecting programs.
- Auto switching, dual redundant internal AC power supplies.
- IPv4 & IPv6 compatible and ready.
- Asymmetric algorithmic encode/decode.
- Integrated alarm management including automatic silence detection.
- Low latency in-band RS-232 aux data channel.
- Configurable software rules engine via web-GUI for Control Port (4 inputs/outputs) functions, plus WheatNet-IP LIO compatibility.
- Upgrade firmware from USB sticks.
- Backup and restore configuration via USB sticks.
- Automated firmware upgrade notifications via Web-GUI.
- Support for multiple languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese and French.
- Backward compatible with all Tieline IP codecs.
- User name and password protection of codec and Toolbox Web-GUI.
- Support for SSL Security Certificate installation.
- SIP Whitelists and Blacklists allow filtering of SIP URIs and User Agents.
|Analog Audio Inputs||2 x Female XLR line inputs|
|Analog Audio Outputs||2 x Male XLR|
|Auxiliary Input||1 x 6.35mm (1/4″) Mic/Line level Jack on rear panel (15V phantom power available)|
|Headphones Out/Aux Out||1 x 6.35mm (1/4″) Jack on rear panel and 1 x 6.35mm (1/4″) Jack on the front panel|
|Control Port In/Out||Four relay inputs and four opto-isolated outputs for machine control via a DB15 connector.|
|Audio Input Impedance||High Impedance > 5K ohm|
|Output Impedance||<50 ohm Balanced|
|Clipping Level||+22dBu (input and outputs)|
|A/D & D/A Converters||24 bit|
|Frequency Response at 48kHz||20Hz to 22kHz|
|Frequency Response at 96kHz||20Hz to 32kHz (Analog); 10Hz to 45kHz (AES3 Digital)|
|THD and Noise (Analog)||<0.0035% at +16dBu or -89dBu unweighted|
|THD and Noise (Digital)||<0.000056%|
|Analog Signal To Noise Ratio||>98.5dB at +22dBu, unweighted|
|IP Sample Frequencies||16kHz, 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz|
|IP||Tieline Music, Tieline MusicPLUS, G.711, G.722, MPEG-1 Layer 2, MP3, LC-AAC, HE-AAC and HE-AACv2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELD, Opus, 16/24 bit aptX Enhanced|
|IP (uncompressed)||Linear PCM16/24 bit 48/96kHz sampling|
|Data and Control Interfaces|
|USB||USB 2.0 Host port on the front panel supports Wi-Fi using a USB Wi-Fi dongle and USB stick firmware upgrades|
|LAN||2 x 10/100/1000 RJ45 connectors|
|Advanced Networking||VLAN tagging (IEEE 802.1Q,802.1p)|
|WheatNet-IP LAN||1 x 10/100 RJ45 connector to distribute WheatNet-IP audio|
|Serial||RS232 up to 115kbps with or without CTS/RTS flow control via female DB9 connector, can be used as a proprietary data channel|
|Protocols Supported||Tieline, DHCP, SNMP, DNS, HTTP, IGMP, ICMP, VLAN, IPv4/v6, FEC, SIP/SDP (EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326 compliant), RTP, AES67|
|ISDN via module||Optional via module slot|
|POTS via module||Optional via module slot|
|Front Panel Interfaces|
|Display||256 x 64 monochrome LCD|
|Keypad||21 button keypad|
|Navigation||5 button keypad|
|Size||1U x 19″ Rackmount|
|Dimensions||19” x 1.75” x 13.5” [482mm (W) x 44mm (H) x 343mm (D) including rear connectors]|
|Power Consumption||Dual AC 100-240V IEC power inlets; 1A – 50-60Hz|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)|
|Humidity Operating Range||20% ≤RH ≤70% (0 to 35°C/32°F to 95°F), non-condensing|
MPEG Layer-3 audio coding technology licensed from Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson Licensing.